Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Makes Its Own Crust Quiche
2 cups milk
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cheese (I like Ham and Green Onions)
your choice of meat and veggies
In a blender, blend the eggs, milk, Bisquick, onion powder, salt & pepper for 1 minute. Place cheese, vegetables and meat in the bottom of a greased pie pan. Pour egg minture over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
My cost breakdown:
cheese $.50 (from a Kraft promotion a while back where I got 2 pounds for $1.80)
seasonings $.05 (from my food storage)
Meat free (leftover from Easter and saved in the freezer)
Veggies free (I used green onions from my garden)
Total $1.23 plus some fresh fruit to round off the meal.
Another tip for your Bisquick: mix up a big batch of pancake batter and make a few dozen pancakes. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Stick them in the freezer for an hour or two and then re-package in a big ziplock bag. Now, your kids can have pancakes for breakfast. Just pull a few out and heat them in the microwave for a few seconds. Your kids are happy AND you saved lots of money by NOT buying frozen pancakes or waffles.u
Posted by Janelle at 7:30 AM
Friday, March 6, 2009
1 c. and 2 T. Hot tap water
2 T. Olive oil or vegetable oil
3 c. flour (enough so dough is not sticky, but can be rolled out and handled easily)
1 t. sugar
3 t. salt
2 ½ t. yeast
Make sure you add the Hot tap water, yeast and sugar together. Allow to grow 5 minutes. Then slowly add the flour one cup at a time until each cup as been incorporated, and add the salt after the first cup of flour. Touch dough to make sure it is soft and bouncy to the touch. Mix and let rise until it doubles in size.
For more Italian flavor add basil and garlic powder to the dough. Roll out like regular pizza dough. Shape into any shape desired. Best to bake on cooking stones.
For Valentine's Day we let the children make their own heart shaped pizzas and then we adults indulge in our Alfredo Pizza! This alfredo pizza recipe is SO easy and is mouthwatering delicious!
Fettuccini Alfredo Pizza
1 Pizza dough recipe
1 c. ranch dressing
1 t. garlic cloves, minced
2 t. basil
½ c. shredded Parmesan Cheese
Chicken or sausage
Vegetables (Mushrooms, Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, etc.), diced or cut thin
Tomatoes diced small (optional)
Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
Preheat pizza stone at 400 degrees. Roll out crust, or lay pitas on stone. Mix ranch, parmesan, basil and garlic in a bowl. Spread mixture over crust. Sauté meat and vegetables together until soft. Put sauce on dough, put meat mixture on top and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 until golden brown.
Posted by Janelle at 9:28 PM
Friday, November 14, 2008
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Posted by Janelle at 11:30 AM
Thursday, September 11, 2008
1 C mayo
8 oz cream cheese
1 C grated Parmesan (real)1 14 oz Can artichoke hearts-do not drain
1 clove pressed garlic1 tsp dill
1/8 tsp saltMix in a blender or food processor, I don't like doing it by hand. Bake at 375 for 30 min
Posted by Janelle at 11:56 AM
Sunday, July 6, 2008
This is a recipe from my friend Carrian which I changed slightly
1/3 C. orange juice
2 T. Apple Cider vinegar
1/3 C. vegetable oil
2 T. sugar
1 T. Good seasons dry Italian dressing mix
combine Ingredients and pour over salad I like it over some of the following
-Mixed Greens salad bag with sliced strawberries. Sometimes I add feta cheese as well.
-Romaine lettuce with craisins, carrot slivers, and salmon (I like this for lunch)
If you want to make it clean you could use fresh squeezed OJ, olive oil and forgo the sugar. I haven't tried this yet so if you do let me know.
This is the original recipe I changed just a few things so I could use items I keep in my kitchen on a regular basis.
I "borrowed" this off my friend Elise's Blog thanks Elise
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5-5 1/2 cups bread flour [I never have bread flour on hand, and it's hard to find here. I use regular flour and it turns out just fine.]
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (110 degrees) and sugar in large bowl; allow yeast to proof or foam (about 10 minutes).
- Add salt, oil, and 3 cups flour; beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. [I do not knead by hand; I use kitchen aid on medium for approximately 5 minutes.]
- Place in oiled bowl, turn dough to coat all sides, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and divide in half.
- Shape dough into two long slender loaves.
- Grease and sprinkle with cornmeal either a french bread pan or large cookie sheet.
- Place loaves in pan and cut diagonal gashes on top of each loaf (I use scissors).
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Note: You can sprinkle or spray water on the loaves during baking if you want a really crunchy crust. [Turn finished bread onto cooling rack to avoid soggy bottoms. And for a very soft crust, cover cooling bread with dish towel.]
- [It's hard to mess this recipe up. Try it. You will suddenly become a baker.]
Posted by Janelle at 2:02 PM
Saturday, May 3, 2008
1/2 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 Gallon Raspberry Sherbet
1/2 Gallon Pineapple Sherbet
2 Pkg's Frozen Raspberries
6 Banana's Sliced
1 1/2 to 2 cans pineapple tidbits
Soften the ice cream and sherbet and stir together, then add the frozen raspberries, pineapple tidbits and banana slices. Stir together and freeze mixture at least over night. Serve in cups with pirouette cookies. Sorry guys there is no clean way about this!